EcoSys EPC is a modern, 100% web-based software platform. The software system was architected from its inception as a multi-user, multi-project enterprise web application.
EcoSys EPC provides lightweight Web 2.0 functionality, role-based security, and robust dashboards and reporting. The software offers flexible configuration capabilities without the need for customizations, ensuring that software support and upgrades are always available.
All EcoSys EPC modules are part of one fully-integrated software system; there is no need to integrate separate modules and technology platforms.
EcoSys EPC is entirely web-based, granting users full access to all features using only a web browser. This architecture eliminates the need to install client software or browser plug-ins, and upgrades are centralized and easy to deploy. EPC has been architected with enterprise performance and scalability as key elements of its design:
- EPC runs on either Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server database platforms
- The middle tier runs on industry-leading application server technologies and is scalable vertically and horizontally
- Core technologies of Java and DHTML provide a secure, scalable, and responsive platform
- Systems administrators have access to integrated system performance metrics and resource monitoring tools
EcoSys EPC’s logic and reporting engine is the component that enables many of the defining elements of the software platform — configurable views, forms, and dashboards, built-in reporting, tailorable business logic, and role-based security. It underlies both interactive screens in the EPC web user-interface and all integration technologies.
The engine’s powerful architecture and sophisticated design also delivers exceptional performance. Select features include:
- Execution of calculations in parallel threads for maximum performance and responsiveness
- Strategic in-memory and disk caching speeds up access to common data
EcoSys EPC supports many millions of records, advanced reporting, and serves an integral role in managing some of the world’s largest and most complex projects.
2013 ushers in a new era of mobility for EcoSys EPC. Beginning with support for Apple iPhones and iPads, users will be able to access reports and screens from their mobile devices. Functionality will continue to expand through the year to include support for the Android platform and full interactivity, enabling everything from change order approval to progress reporting from the field.