EcoSys EPC (Enterprise Planning & Controls) is a project controls platform covering the full project life cycle, from initiation and estimation to project execution and closeout. EcoSys EPC delivers robust estimating capabilities that are easy-to-use and configurable to align with established processes.
Typically, organizations use EcoSys EPC as their estimating software when their estimators find traditional estimation tools too rigid and cumbersome so they gravitate to Excel, or when the estimation process is unique and requires flexible algorithms for parametric estimating. Integrating estimates with budget and execution data within the same system gives the project team visibility of variances as they arise.
With EcoSys EPC estimating software, Excel-like templates and assemblies can be quickly configured to capture quantities, man hours, units of measure, currencies, labor types, rates, burdens, skills required, and other specific attributes. Estimates provided by third parties can easily be imported by users via Excel or text files. Estimates can be initiated, revisions tracked, and approvals managed through a change control workflow process.
- Manage estimates in EcoSys EPC or integrate from 3rd party estimation software
- Tailorable Excel-like estimation screens for managing estimate development
- Maintain unlimited estimate versions/revisions, and perform real-time version comparisons and variance analysis
- Estimation inputs may include quantities, man-hours, units of measure, currencies, rates, discipline, equipment type/tag, and any other estimation attribute (cost codes, descriptions, etc.)
- Incorporate escalations, interest adjustments, cost burdening, and performance factors
- Utilize any established estimation norms
- Integration of formulas/calculation rules into estimation templates and assemblies
- Integrated rate tables for pricing labor, materials, and other costs
- Integrated foreign exchange rate tables
- Perform and analyze what-if scenarios
- Full import/export of estimation data with Excel or delimited data files data output by 3rd party estimation software
- Detailed estimates can be stored at any level of a hierarchy
- Drill down from summary views to detailed estimate line items
- Ideal for engineering & construction projects
Related Product Documents
- Estimating with EcoSys EPC