Project Portfolio Management (PPM) is a discipline focused on aligning organizational strategy with the projects that are executed. The EcoSys PPM module uniquely utilizes real-time project data to improve visibility and project portfolio performance out-of-the-box.
Success in any organization, especially those that are program or project-driven requires alignment of organizational strategy with project execution. That is why project portfolio management (PPM) can be a critical process for a business unit or enterprise. Project portfolio management is used by organizations in many industries to evaluate, prioritize, and select projects as well as allocate internal resources to best accomplish operational and financial goals.
Good PPM processes provide an organization with the ability to identify which projects are most critical to company objectives. PPM software can unlock even more value by allowing organizations to track and forecast performance.
Built on years of experience with industry best practices, the PPM module provides out-of-the-box functionality to facilitate the entire PPM process, including strategic planning, capital planning, opportunity management, budgeting & forecasting, resource management, and portfolio analysis & reporting. The module aligns project selection with an organization’s budgeting processes, ensuring that projects match priorities, support fiscal budgets, and are achievable with the available workforce.
Portfolio Controls: Planning Meets Execution
The EcoSys PPM module is a unique solution for project portfolio management, seamlessly integrating tactical project controls with strategic project selection, prioritization and optimization to provide total visibility into portfolio performance. It is the only solution offering seamless flow of information between strategic planning and project execution.
Grounded in EcoSys’ fully integrated project controls data, organizations have real-time access to project performance and forecasting, enabling them to more effectively optimize their project portfolios. By identifying the right timing, capacity, and resources, organizations are more agile and better able to adapt to change.
With the EcoSys PPM module, executives can monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) through dashboards tailored to show the information they are most interested in, and drill into the details as needed. Performance metrics can be viewed by portfolio, strategic priority, owner, etc., based on project execution data managed in the same integrated software solution.
- Develop fiscal and long-range capital plans
- Evaluate, score, and select projects that align with organizational priorities
- Assess and manage your pipeline of opportunities
- Assign weighted attributes, score and compare projects to optimize your portfolio
- Perform unlimited “what-if” scenario analysis
- Utilize Stage Gates/Front End Loading (FEL) including role-based workflow notifications
- Fund selected projects and track their progress over time
- Balance workforce supply and demand for maximum utilization
- Utilize both “top down” and “bottom up” data management to maximize portfolio performance
- View scorecards and KPIs based on the organization’s established standards
- Develop business cases and provide supporting materials such as cost-benefit analyses
- Define role-based dashboards for executives, portfolio/program managers, project managers, project controllers, and other stakeholders