Growing energy demand means greater opportunity for Power Utilities companies, but it also means greater complexity. EcoSys Enterprise Project Performance software gives you a single platform for managing your projects and portfolios. Having a centralized and standardized approach to project portfolio management, project controls and project management reduces complexity and provides full visibility into performance.
Key Benefits of EcoSys for the Power Utilities Industry
EcoSys helps you manage a high volume of complex projects, giving you the tools to ensure projects are delivered on-time and within budget. Improve your project performance through:
Optimize project portfolios by prioritizing and selecting the right mix of projects to meet stakeholder needs.
Deliver projects with transparency and accountability, making it easier to take corrective action.
Built-in predictability metrics and advanced forecasting help you make forward-looking decisions with confidence.
Complexity Meets its Match
By 2040, the global demand for power will be four times what it was in 1990s. The industry needs to capitalize on this opportunity by broadening portfolios, building new facilities and maximizing the efficiency of existing ones. With limited resources and a high volume of projects, selecting the right mix of projects to meet regulatory and client needs is more critical than ever. When it comes to delivery, organizations cannot afford poor performing projects that are over budget and behind schedule. All of these challenges make the industry very complex.
Enterprise Project Performance technology helps you overcome complexity by selecting, planning and delivering projects more predictably, reliably and successfully. Digitizing processes and introducing enterprise-wide standards helps keep projects on schedule and on budget.
Integrate Strategy with Project Planning and Delivery
EcoSys brings together critical project data into a single, integrated solution for project portfolio management, project controls and project management. Full visibility into the performance of projects helps you avoid risks and issues before they occur. See measurable improvements to key business processes like:
Portfolio Planning & Management
- Create, organize and manage portfolios in alignment with company strategy.
- Define evaluation criteria, then score and select projects to add to portfolios.
- Create unlimited budget versions and plan multi-year budgets
- Optimize portfolios to ensure maximum value and impact to goals and objectives.
Project & Contract Planning
- Create projects using standards, templates and flexible coding structures.
- Develop detailed milestones and schedules to monitor and track performance.
- Integrate schedule and cost information to create time-phased baselines.
- Develop accurate cash flow forecasts.
Capital Budgeting & Planning
- Manage the full lifecycle of long-range capital budgets and plans – based on strategic, regulatory and operational objectives.
- Distribute the entry of budgets, forecasts and progress with EcoSys’ web-based spreadsheet-style data entry.
- Import data from scheduling, ERP or general ledger systems to see consolidated views of budgets, forecasts, commitments and actuals.
- Control and manage annual spending throughout the year and avoid unplanned spending.
EcoSys has given us a robust and easy-to-use financial planning system, and is a core component of F4E’s project management infrastructure.
Head of Project Management
Fusion 4 Energy
Read the Case Study