Project & contract planning is a critical step for ensuring projects can be delivered on time, within budget and deliver intended business value. It is an important part of any project controls and project management solution. For projects to run as smoothly as possible, it is important to plan projects in a way that enables effective project controls and aligns to financial and procurement procedures.
EcoSys provides an integrated platform for project & contract planning that brings your key data together. Setup, develop and schedule projects in a way that gives you the best chance for success.
Key Benefits For Project & Contract Planning
Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of creating project and contract plans. EcoSys enables:
Utilize standards and templates to quickly create and schedule new projects
Deliver with Confidence
Implement stage gate processes to improve communication and prevent delays
Integrate project cost and schedule to better manage funds and resources
Your Roadmap to Better Projects
Your project performance is only as good as your ability to plan. From the planning and scheduling, through execution and into close out – project and contract planning helps ensure you are always being guided in the right direction.
EcoSys enables you to plan and schedule projects within the same environment used manage all project portfolio management and project controls & project management. This eliminates silos and ensures that project scope, goals and deliverables are aligned with available resources and company strategy. The seamless flow of information throughout the project lifecycle strengthens the planning process and keeps your projects and portfolios under control.
Other Highlights of Project & Contract Planning with EcoSys
EcoSys’ out-of-the box capability supports project and contract planning within the same software used to manage and control project and costs, changes, and performance. Leverage connected data to optimize plans across your enterprise.
- Utilize project templates to quickly create new projects.
- Create and utilize project specific currency exchange rate tables to support currency variance analysis.
- Create project cost breakdown structures.
- Create data maps between cost breakdown structures and other structures such as OBS, ABD, schedule WBS, Finance COA and estimate WBS.
- Create contracts and contract line items.
- Integrate project and cost control with a single CBS.
- Identify potential contract changes based on both project and contract performance.
- Create and implement different stage gate processes for different types of projects.
- Ensure all required deliverables are completed prior to stage gate review.
- Implement standard scheduling and estimating deliverable requirements at different stages of the process.
- Identify process and personnel improvements by analyzing time taken to move from one stage to the next.
- Develop project schedules to plan activities and monitor project progress.
- Create projects, work breakdown structures, activities, dates, durations, relationships and constraints.
- Leverage critical path analysis.
- Integrate project scheduling with resource plans to create accurate baselines and forecasts.
- Integrate project cost and schedule to create time-phased costs and cashflows.
- Utilize pre-built connectors to automatically pull schedule data from third-party sources like Primavera P6
- Integrate scheduling with budget and change management processes.